Monday, February 23, 2015

God Loves Us and I Love Paris!

Dear Family-

Hey! I am so sorry I didn't send a blog letter last week. It was a little off since we weren't emailing on a normal Monday and we had president interviews that day so my apologies.

Well, this week was eventful and sooo cold! On Monday it snowed and cars were grounded all day. So that was kind of lame. But it was okay since there isn't anything to do in Paris anyway haha but we still love it.

On Tuesday we had interviews and they went really well. We had a lesson with a new investigator, his name is Josh and we got to meet his wife, Amanda. Amanda is not very interested, she believes in Buddhism and a higher power and all that crazy stuff and doesn't believe in Christ. I have realized on my mission the times I have the hardest time teaching and I lose patience the quickest because it kills me to hear someone say about Christ "He was just a man and he may have walked this earth." But I know those are they who need our love the most. We are hoping she will sit in on the lessons and over time something will hit home with her.

We worked at the food pantry on Wednesday! It was freezing and it definitely snowed a lot and I definitely almost hit a parked car sliding. Please pray for me! I can't tell you how many poles I have almost taken out in this snow. LOL I don't know how people drive in it but thank goodness for husbands that do all the driving one day right? Just kidding!

We had exchanges this week. It was really hard on Sister Uta'i cause she has only been here a week so she doesn't know anyone. But my exchange went really well. I got to go to Springfield! Do you guys remember when we went there? I drove by the Lincoln museum but let me tell you, I got to see the real Springfield we never saw and that town is ghetto! But it was so much fun, I loved it. It was exactly what I needed. But I guess the lesson Uta'i had with the STL went really badly with Karen so I'm just praying everything is alright and I am really excited to see her on Thursday. I guess her problem is that she feels like we are trying to convince her to be Mormon and not convert her to Christ so we definitely need to straighten that out cause that is not true at all.

Rosa is doing alright. We are getting a little frustrated trying to help her get committed. We set up a lesson for her to come to a member's house and she bailed and she didn't come to church. So we are trying to figure out what it is that she needs to feel in her heart to help her WANT this with everything she has got. But, she still has her date set for April and it is going well!

We had the most AMAZING lesson with Quinten. He is 19 and he is the son of a less active member, Sister Capshaw. He was taught by missionaries who didn't listen to him at all and kind of shoved the gospel down his throat and he got super turned off. Well when I got here he started coming out and his mom was amazed because she thought he would never talk to us again. Well, Quinten and I have so much in common and we finally asked him if we could teach him but we stressed how this is for him not us. We taught the Plan of Salvation this week and we like made this whole visual and I have never felt the Spirit so strong in teaching that lesson my whole mission. I really feel like he felt it, it made sense. So we are basing all of our lessons off his questions and what it is he needs and wants to learn. Oh my gosh, I have so much hope for him!

We had branch conference this week and everyone from all the auxiliaries and the stake callings were at church (which I never remember ever having that happen at home) and it was awesome! I am just loving Paris. I couldn't be happier.

What I learned this week:

I feel like I didn't really learn anything new this week but I definitely increased in my testimony of how much our Heavenly Father LOVES US. I was reading in Romans 8:37-39

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

God loves us so much...There is nothing in this world that could make Him love us any less...even anything we do. Everything He does is because He loves us and He intends for us to be happy. We just have to trust Him.

I love you!!!!!! You are all in my prayers.  Have a wonderful week!

Sister Lundskog

No comments:

Post a Comment