Tuesday, January 20, 2015

If

Dear Family,

Well I can't even remember what happened this week but it was a lot better than last week. Sorry that letter was so depressing! This week might not have changed much but things have definitely gotten a lot better. I realized that we are going into the fourth week of the transfer and I am running out of time!

Everything is okay; we are working hard and not thinking about home as much as possible. We tried to visit Dusty and Brianna this week but Brianna said her mom was having a bad day and to try this week so we are gonna give it one more shot to talk to her. We were able to see Rosa a lot this week. It has been hard trying to get her to understand the importance of the gospel..how much she doesn't just need but she has to have it in her life. Right now their pipes broke (last week when it was super cold) so the only time we get in is when they need water. So we have been filling tons of milk jugs and bringing water over to them. We hope that we can find what it is that will help her realize that if she just devoted herself to God, her problems wouldn't necessarily be solved but she would be able to get through them with a hope that no one else can give except the Savior.

We volunteered at the food pantry this week as always. It's my favorite day of the week! We get to carry their box of food to their car for them which, to me, is just the greatest thing. I love doing service! You just get so happy no matter how much work it is you feel so complete! Haha--funny story. You know how all that stuff is happening in Paris, France right now? Well, there was an elder in our district that heard about it and got all worried about us because he thought we were in danger. Bless his heart, he thought there was a huge terrorist attack right here in Paris, Illinois!

So here is Karen, our investigator's, latest question. We were able to explain the priesthood and how not everyone who has the priesthood is from the tribe of Levi because we explained that one of Christ's apostles was from the tribe of Benjamin. (I studied the heck out of the twelve tribes of Israel this week by the way) So she understands and accepts that but her question now is that Nephi lived 600 years prior to Christ so where did the transition happen that people outside of the tribe of Levi could hold the priesthood and officiate in the church offices? If anyone has insight on that we would love your help.

What I learned this week:

I have been reading "Jesus, the Christ" a lot lately and my goal is to finish it before the end of my mission. I have learned so much and I feel like my relationship with Christ has grown so much. But this week I learned something really cool. I was reading the part when Christ fasts for 40 days and the devil comes to tempt him. If you compare the 3 things that Satan tempts him with, they all come down to doubt. Everything lies in the powerful word of IF. IF you are the Christ. Satan's biggest and most powerful tool is to make Christ doubt that He is the son of God; doubt that He is the Savior. I realized how much there is in that word "if". If you are a daughter of God... why are you failing? Why are you so ugly...why? Satan's greatest tool in leading us off the path is to make us doubt who we are. To doubt our Father in Heaven, doubt that He knows us by name and that He loves us. Doubt that we could ever be forgiven. But the Savior never doubted in who He was or who his father was. We must always remember that we are divine and of the GREATEST IMPORTANCE to our Heavenly Father--every minute of everyday. He loves us and He will never stop loving us. Never let Satan place that "if" in your heart.

I love you guys so much and I am so grateful to be a missionary! Happy Birthday, Sister Hansen and Gloria! I hope all of you are having a wonderful week and know that I am praying for every one of you--especially you, Allie, cause I get nervous with you being in the Ukraine. Don't be stupid or my prayers won't work! haha I LOVE YOU!

Sister Lundskog

No comments:

Post a Comment