Monday, December 1, 2014

He Is The Gift!

Dear Family!

Well, I am slowly getting adjusted to Paris! This area has so much potential and I can't wait to see what we can do this wonderful holiday season!

We have a good teaching pool but we have faced some difficulty this week. With the holiday it was hard to see a lot of our investigators and one of our investigators and her two daughters (I never met her) was with family this week and were pressured into not meeting with us anymore. Their family gave them no choice. It makes me so angry to see others destroying the opportunity for a loved one to bless and enhance their life. But they will reap what they sow and just as Aunt Kelly taught me today, now DOES NOT mean forever. The gospel is always within reach. Are we going to make the step is the question.

Our two baptismal dates will have to be pushed back. One has to be interviewed by president and the other is just struggling to make a consistent, committed effort. I just want to take a second to say how much I HATE cigarettes. They destroy people and is one of the hardest things to get our investigators to overcome.

This week we had ZLT on Wednesday so we were up in Campaign. The zone leaders gave a really good training that really hit home for me. But, also half of our day was wasted not in our area because it takes eternity to get there and back. We did have an awesome lesson with Dusty and Brianna. Dusty is the mom and Brianna is 14. We were at a members home (they are less active but they are the only members in this tiny town called Kansas). It was awesome. She was upset talking about why God would let her suffer and worry about making ends meet from week to week while He let others drive big black Cadillacs. We talked about the refiners fire and the beauty that comes from the hardship. Those who suffer the most know the deepest sorrow but they also know the greatest joy.

We had Thanksgiving at our ward mission leader's home, the "R's". They are awesome. They have two sons who are married in our ward and one son on a mission as well as their nephew that lived with them who is on a mission. Then they have 3 more sons. I think one is my age and then a junior and a freshman. They all played football and grew up here in Paris and have stayed in Paris and they hunt. They're just this awesome family and I have a lot of respect for them. Brother "R" has the coolest conversion story ever. Guess what...I GOT TO WATCH FOOTBALL! The food was wonderful and it was nice to have a little break.

Thank you for your package and all the letters! It made my day. You are all so wonderful! So Saturday Sister Willmore had a recent convert go through the temple to get his endowments out because he is going on a mission. So I got to go to the temple and let me tell you how much of a blessing that was. Now I know that I am still learning to love the temple and still getting over always being nervous when I am there. But it felt like going home. No matter where you are, what country or city you are in, the temple is always that home for you. I put all of your names on the prayer roll; all my loved ones so hopefully that helps.
At the temple with my companion, Sister Willmore
Really fast I just want to talk about the Christmas Initiative. If you have not watched "He is the Gift" you need to go watch it right now. It's on christmas.mormon.org. It is so good. What a blessing to be a missionary right now during the holiday season. We have been given these special "He is the Gift" pass along cards and we have to give 10 away a day and I have never felt so dedicated in my life.

I just want to bear my testimony on what this gospel means to me. I am here today because of my Savior and everything he has done for me. Can you imagine going through this life never knowing that someone sacrificed their life for you so you didn't have to go through this alone? How blessed am I to know this and to have the power to share this. How blessed are you? To know that He lives, why we celebrate Christmas, and why we will always have hope. So now is the time to share it. There are so many people around the world who are spiritually dying and they are right within your grasp. Let's get up and let's open our mouths. We have the opportunity to change lives. Can't you feel it? The adrenaline is just in the air; you can literally feel the Savior's love all around and all we have to do is open our eyes and our hearts.

I love all of you so much. I AM SO GRATEFUL for the beautiful family the Lord has provided for me. I would never trade it in a million years and as it has been said by lots of others - I AM SO GRATEFUL I GET TO LEAVE MY FAMILY FOR A YEAR AND HALF SO THAT OTHERS CAN LIVE WITH THEIRS FOR ETERNITY.

Love-Sister Lundskog

I walked where Joseph Smith walked!
The massive tree they have in the town square

In front of the world's largest wind chimes in my new skirt
Note from Jeri: Here is the link to the "He is the Gift" short video that Corinne was talking about:

No comments:

Post a Comment