Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Fun

Dear Family-

I hope you all had a good Christmas!!! My Christmas was great, the best part being that I got to talk to my wonderful and amazing family! It blew my mind to see how tall Justin is and Allison is looking more like an adult everyday. You're so pretty! Of course it was great to talk to you, Mom and Dad. You guys are amazing. Thank you to everyone who sent me a card or package or email for Christmas!!! It meant a lot.

So this week was kind of slow. It's hard to see anyone during the holidays but we were able to see Dusty and Brianna on Tuesday and had a really good lesson with them. It breaks my heart to see how poor and heartbroken they are from the experiences they have been through in life. But we shared "He is the Gift" and man...seeing Dusty's face light up was just wonderful. She understands that He is always there for her. They have been reading the BOM and have been praying, which is amazing, even when they were super sick this week. Miracles are happening in that family, that is for sure.

Christmas eve we spent the whole first part of the day handing out the rest of our He is the Gift cards. We had like 50 cards left to hand out and we HANDED OUT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! It was such a good feeling even though it was freezing and raining and we were wet and I couldn't feel my toes and everything else. It felt good just having the Christmas spirit around.

We spent Christmas eve with our branch president and that was awesome. They are an amazing family and we had a lot of fun! Christmas day we had Christmas dinner with our branch mission leader and his family and it was so good! We had duck and ham and a ton of stuff! Definitely spoiled this Christmas. Then we went to Nichole's house. She is the only member in her family and she is about 23 and we watched "How to Train Your Dragon 2" and "Despicable Me 2" and they were soooo funny. It was really nice. But then we watched "God's Not Dead" and, oh my goodness, I was an emotional wreck through that whole movie. You guys should watch it if you haven't seen it. It was so good. There is a boy in the movie though that looks a lot like Justin with long hair and that's what did me in. After that I was an emotional wreck. But it's really good.

The rest of the week was alright. Everyone has been sick because the weather goes from 50 and sunny to 20 and raining the next day. It has been a little hard. We also got transfer calls. Sister Willmore will be leaving to St. Peters and I am staying here (yay!) and will be getting Sister Rouse. She was my MTC companion. So that will be interesting. Hope this transfer goes well!

What I learned:
Family is and will be the most important thing in your whole life. It's as simple as that.

I love you guys! Thank you for making my Christmas so special. I love you to the galaxy and back.

Sister Lundskog

No comments:

Post a Comment