Monday, November 3, 2014

When We Cannot See the Lord's Hand, We Can Trust His Head

Dear Family-

Well, this email will probably be short. Sorry. This week was really rough. I felt like every aspect of missionary life was tested for me this week. But, it is okay because it is a new week and it is Pday and I can enjoy the tender mercies like wearing pants :)

This week we had a lot of really tough appointments with recent converts, less actives and gators in resetting expectations and helping them progress. That has been a challenge for us lately is helping those we are working with to keep progressing. People are just comfortable with who they are and we can't ever be  comfortable. That is what heaven is for, we don't have time to waste right now. We had some hard lessons and a lot of energy sucked up in praying and planning for them. I know we did what the Lord needed us to do. He won't ever ask you to do something without providing a way as well as blessing you for doing what he needs you to do. We found two new investigators this week which was a huge blessing. One was a former and one was a referral from a member. So we are doing alright.

Sister Lynn and I are doing good. But I know the Lord has put us together to learn from each other. This transfer has been exhausting working with her but I feel so grateful and accomplished because she and I have both exerted all we had to make it work. We may never see eye to eye, but we respect each other enough to talk it out and find a solution. Sometimes the talking it out turns into some pretty hefty battles but at the end of the day we can know that we gave it our all to understand each other. When you show the Lord you care enough to make it work He does a real good job softening your heart and allowing respect and trust to exist. I don't know if Sister Lynn would necessarily be someone I would lean on or go to in a hard time. But I can walk away with a lot of respect for her and who she is and know that even if I don't agree with her I understand why she thinks that way cause I took the time to care enough about learning her story and seeing her for who she is. We got in a pretty big fight this week, probably our biggest this transfer but when other things got thrown into my life that day, she dropped everything to be there for me which I appreciate a lot more than I think she will ever realize. We may fight it out all day and, ya, we won't back down from our beliefs and values but we know that it really doesn't matter at the end of the day so I have really learned to let things go!

We had stake conference this weekend which was awesome. Got to see everyone and hear great talks.

What I learned this week:
Well, sometimes we have weeks where we learn a lot and sometimes we have other weeks where we feel like we learned nothing. Well this was one of those weeks but when I sit down to tell you about my week I always realize how blessed I am. Sometimes in the moments of life when everything feels like its falling apart are the moments we can feel the Saviors arms around us. It is through the hard experiences in life that we gain wisdom and build character so that when hard times come again we can take those situations head on with hope because we have been there before and we made it though. The scars and dents we pick up in this life are a reminder to us that we survived...we made it out. We were not designed to fail and when we can not see the Lord's hand, we can trust His head.

I love you guys so much. Don't ever forget how much I love you and how much the Lord loves you. We are in it for the long haul, come hell or high water. Have a wonderful week.

Love Sister Loony Lundskog

No comments:

Post a Comment