Monday, November 10, 2014

The Most Precious Think in All Thinking

Dear Family,

I know that every time I email you guys that I can't ever remember what happened this week but I just really can't remember the week by the time Monday gets here!

This week was another rough week with investigators. We had a teaching pool of seven but now we are at two. It was a sad week but we stayed super positive. The Lord knows where their hearts are, not us, and He knows when they are ready. Our job is to just invite and to never give up. So Barry and Mallory are our only gators right now and they are doing good. We were unable to meet with Mallory this week and Barry might be moving... but not till March! So we are still going to help him progress towards baptism.

Carolyn had a baptismal date but she moved over to Moberly's area so the elders over there just got a baptismal date. Last Monday for part of our Pday we went to help her pack up some of her stuff into her RV. She had no idea how to do anything and so it ended up being Sister Lynn and I doing everything for her. I UNHOOKED HER SEWER! Gross...she didn't know how and her hands couldn't fit to unscrew it so Sister Lynn grabs the flashlight (it was dark outside when we were still helping) and she was like "I'll hold the light!" haha So I had to do it. Its okay all we do is serve and we don't question what it is they need help with. But then she wanted us to help herd her 30 cats into the back room. I was in there for 15 minutes and my eyes started swelling up and I couldn't breathe so I left Sister Lynn in there by herself to help get the cats in the back. It was a good Pday I guess.

We had district meeting this week. I got asked to give a training on hope. It was funny how much of a blessing it was for me to get to study this topic. I guess I needed it more than anyone else. I put a ton of time into it and I prayed that I would be able to know what to share to help bless those in my district. Again. without fail, Heavenly Father helped me know what to train on. It is an amazing feeling to feel Him work through us to help left others. My training was about seeing God's hand in your life. God loves you and we have to have hope and keep our eyes open to His love. Always.

Okay so this is what I learned this week:

We made a poster for the STLs this week because we kind of butt heads on some things this week and we wanted to show them that we do respect them and love them. We went and got them a little present and decided to make a poster. I wanted to do something to let them know how important they are cause I know as a leader it must be hard sometimes because it feels like people hate you. I was looking through my quotes and this is the one that I picked: "I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of. For to have been thought about, born in God's thought, and then made by God, is the most precious think in all thinking" I realized that this was something I needed in my life. I realized that sometimes the reason why we have contention and disagreement and why we fight with others is because we think that because we are not like them, we are wrong. I realized that I thought less of myself because I didn't hold the same qualities as Sister Lynn. I felt inadequate cause I didn't handle situations like Sister Fisher and that I am not as pretty as Sister Utah'i. But to know that I was "born in God's thought" gives us a whole new perspective on who we are. I am a masterpiece created by the God of the universe. As I come to love me, imperfections and all, I can love others, imperfections and all. So we just need to open up our eyes to the beauty within us and within others and life becomes SO MUCH MORE COLORFUL!

I love you!

Love - Sister Lundskog
Sister Lynn and I
Our poster for the STLs. I think it turned out nice!

A few weeks ago in Ozarkland with Sister Utah'i

No comments:

Post a Comment