Monday, November 17, 2014

Off to Paris!

Dear Family,

Man, I can't believe this week is already over! Well, I guess the most exciting news is transfers. I will be leaving Fulton, unfortunately, but that is okay because I am going to PARIS! Haha...that is right. I am going to Paris, Illinois. I guess there is a first for everything. I will finally be able to head over to Illinois just in time before I head home so that will be exciting!

It was a decent week. It has been freezing!! Like today the high is in the 20's and the low is 9 but you add the wind chill and it is in the teens and close to 0! It finally started snowing too. It is going to be a long, cold winter! Maybe Illinois will be warmer.

Probably the most exciting part of the week besides transfer calls was the fact that we gave talks in church this Sunday! Yep, it was the first time I gave a talk my whole mission which is really crazy because usually you give talks all the time. Sister Lynn and I and Brother B, our ward mission leader, talked and we talked about missionary work to help the ward catch the vision! It went really well. I have never been that comfortable giving a talk like that before. I prayed and knew that what I had to say was exactly what they needed to hear. I shared with them the story of me sharing the gospel with my friends in high school. I shared the wonderful advice mom gave me that helped me have the courage to share the gospel and share who I was with my friends. You told me that one day at the end of this life I will go to heaven and be comfortable because I had the truth. I might have a good friend of mine in this life come up to me and ask me "Why? Why did you never share this with me? You had it all along. You knew the truth that could have saved me and you kept it to yourself." How would you feel? In every class after sacrament that day everyone was quoting you, Mom. I saw that when I prayed, Heavenly Father helped me say exactly what I needed to say to impact those I was talking to. They were impacted because you impacted me. I have always kept that to heart my whole mission. We are placed specifically in people's lives because the Lord trusts us to do this work for Him. After this life we can look everyone in the eyes and know we did everything we could to share the truth with them.

Thanks for sending Sister Fisher a bday gift. It meant a lot to her.

I love you so much and I'll send you my new address as soon as I have it. Love you all!

Sister Lundskog
My district in front of the capitol building. I'm in the center.

Sister Lynn

Sister Lynn & I

Some of the Sister Missionaries in my district

No comments:

Post a Comment