Monday, November 24, 2014

Living the Small Town Life

Dear Family,

Okay, so I am officially in Paris! Here is my new address everyone since the mission home can no longer forward our mail. Just send it here unless it is transfer week. If it is transfer week, send it to the mission home address.

516 Walcott St.
Paris, IL 61944

We only get an hour to email here so hopefully I don't run out of time. I only have like 5 minutes left so sorry in advance if I can't always answer you guys or my emails are short. Know that I care but I am just limited on my time.

So Paris... haha I am on the very edge of the mission. I could walk into Indiana from here. Our phone actually runs on Indiana time because we are so close so it is an hour ahead. I am in a branch...a very small branch that is struggling a little bit. There are not enough priesthood holders here so they have a family or two out here on assignment. It's a town that is slowly falling apart. There used to be a lot more people here than there are now. Everyone in the branch is related to each other. But I love it. My ward mission leader shot two deer on Saturday and cleaned them up and had them in the freezer and then even made it to stake conference on time. Everyone wears camo and they have their own country language so I am feeling at home more and more. We have a big teaching pool and it's been a while since I have had that. I felt a little overwhelmed at first. But we have two baptismal dates already so that should be awesome. It has been a long time since I have seen success in that way and I am sure God has a plan for me and it will all work out. I am here for a reason. I just have to figure out that reason.

I miss Fulton and I miss the "B's" and Sister Lynn like crazy but I love my new ward mission leader and I am really excited and am trying to stay super positive. It is kind of hard being stranded. Our phone rarely ever has service so we are really stranded and our district is forever away as well. But we just move forward one day at a time and trust in the Lord.

I love you guys and I'm praying for you and hope this week is good with Thanksgiving. I hope you know I am so thankful and so grateful for the family I have and the family I have made. You mean the world to me. Love you!

Sister Lundskog

No comments:

Post a Comment