Monday, September 22, 2014

Prayers and Prisons

Dear Family!

So I can't remember this week at all but I will do my best to fill you in!

Last Monday we had a new policy come out that Elders and Sisters can no longer hang out on Pdays. It has been really hard on everyone, especially the sisters because we take the brunt of it. Most sisters are not close enough in proximity with other sisters to hang out but elders are always close to each other so they are alright. We have been trying to get creative. We don't like the policy. I personally think it is stupid but I can't change it and I am not going to let other people determine my happiness on my mission. So we are just trying to make the best of it. On Monday we went with a young couple in our ward to the old Missouri State Penitentiary. It was really fun! Kind of creepy but I thought it was really fun. We took a two hour history tour. Then we went to this shop called Ozarkland. That is where I got the stickers that I sent to you! It is just a tourist shop kind of. But today we don't have anything planned so who knows what we will do.

I'm in prison!

Sister Corders and I
This week we had exchanges. I got to go with Sister Fisher. She is awesome. She's one of the strongest people I know. Keep her and her family in your prayers, they really need them right now. But we found a new investigator when we were on exchanges. It was great!

His name is Christopher. He is a less active member's nephew and he is 21 or 22. He has a really rough family life. His brother and mom won't even acknowledge you if you are Mormon. It is really awkward but he has a sincere heart and he wants to learn and he has kept all the commitments we give him. We actually had an awesome lesson with him and his aunt (she is the less active) on just the first principle of the first lesson. He knows there is a higher power but he doesn't know if he believes in God cause he said he has prayed and hasn't received answers and throughout his life he finds it hard to see God there because of all the crap he has gone through. It was an opportunity for me to testify that prayers are truly answered. I felt like I was talking to myself almost! I know sometimes we don't understand why He does what He does and there are times when we really don't see the answers. But I think that is the way that God intends it to be. But like it said in the Bairds' home, "When you can't see God's hand, trust His heart." I know that prayers are answered and I promised Christopher that if he just tries it, he will receive an answer. We are so blessed to be able to communicate with Him at any time and in any place.

This week was kind of a bummer. A lot of our gators were busy or out of town so we didn't get very many lessons in but somehow we were still crazy busy this week! The ward has been a little bit frustrating and working with my ward mission leader is hard but we are about to change some things up here! If we could do it in Jackson, I am sure we can do it here.

I hope all is well. I love you guys and miss you!

Love - Sister Lundskog


No comments:

Post a Comment