Monday, September 29, 2014

Close the Umbrellas

Dear Family-

I MISS YOU GUYS! I love conference and everything (it's great) but it sure does make me homesick! But I am excited to get to hear from the prophet next week and am definitely ready to get spiritual inspiration. Aren't we so lucky? Do we even understand how blessed we are to be able to receive inspiration from the Lord directly?

I don't even know what happened this week but this week is now over... haha What? Where did it go! We were pretty busy this week. We had some good lessons and we found a new investigator this week. Well, he found us! His name is Barry White and, no, he is not black haha. He is white. He lived in California and he was taking the lessons there but then stopped and he moved here. So he works with a member and he said the gospel kept popping up so I thought I needed to get back into it. TALK ABOUT MIRACLES PEOPLE. God is moving his work forward and if we can't find them, He will have them find us!

I want to share my what I learned this week right now. Elder Rose asked me to give a training on the invitation to be baptized...the how, when, and why. Ahhh--a training. But I am super glad I was asked to do it because I think I learned more than I taught. I wanted to focus mostly on the why. Why we do we invite people to be baptized? It's not for numbers. It's not for more members in the church. So in the bible dictionary they talk about when someone is baptized they receive a remission of sins. The definition of remission is forgiveness, or pardon from sins or mistakes. So when people have not been baptized by the proper priesthood authority, they do not have access to the atonement. It gave me a whole new perspective of why I am here and the reason we invite. Can you imagine your life without the atonement? I had everyone in our district write down what the atonement meant to them and I had them share it out loud. Then I took their papers and I tore them up and threw them away. How can we sit here being blessed with the atonement, to have access to it everyday and not do everything in our power to allow others to have that? So take a second, take a step back to realize the beautiful blessing you have in your life and stop taking it for granted. WE ARE SO BLESSED.

We have the deaf school here in Fulton so we have a lot of people that know sign language and this week I learned how to say D&C 4 in sign language! Hopefully I don't forget it and I can show you guys in a little less than 6 months.

I am really excited for this transfer to be over. It has been great but it has been hard being with someone who is going home. Even if she wasn't trunky at all it still makes me trunky because I can't wait to see my family and friends again. And wear pants. But it is not my time to go. So I have been trying to stay focused and have patience with my companion. She has definitely checked out so it has been hard to do missionary work. We are still doing a pretty good job but I am ready to really hit the pavement hard with my next companion. This area has so much potential to tap into let me tell you! But, I'll just keep working and holding out until next week!

Man, that is about all I can remember from this week. I have been doing something the last two weeks, I have been writing down a tender mercy from each day and man my eyes have seriously been opened to the blessings I receive every day from my Father in Heaven who loves me more than anything! This Sunday I had the opportunity to bear my testimony and I talked about what President Uchtdorf said in his talk at the General Women's broadcast (which was really good!). How he talked about that we have this misconception that Heavenly Father puts all these blessings in this big cloud and He locks them up and He won't give them to us until we are absolutely perfect. But in reality He is constantly pouring blessings upon us, pouring them. But it is our fear, doubt, and sin that are like umbrellas blocking out the ability for us to receive the blessings He is so willing to give us. So let us close our umbrellas and let our Father shower us with blessings!

I LOVE YOU GUYS WITH ALL MY HEART. You are in my prayers and I hope all will go well this week. Love you!

Sister Lundskog

I broke the blinds so I made a contraption to fix them
A guy we visit collects swords

No comments:

Post a Comment