Monday, June 2, 2014

Miracles Do Happen!

Dear Family-

Man, I don't even know where to start with this week. It just flew by. I guess I emailed you guys on Tuesday last week so you know that we had a ward Memorial Day BBQ. The only important thing that happened this week is that LOGAN GOT BAPTIZED! It really happened. I never thought I could care this much about a family before in my life but I do. I just adore them. We had his baptism and I was freaking out because I was scared they wouldn't come but they did. It was awesome. We had amazing talks and Elder Timothy and I sang "A Child's Prayer". Sister Tonnies and I had made a ton of cookies and brownies for his baptism and we bought him a present. We wanted it to be super special because I remember when I was baptized as a kid you guys made it really special for me. I wanted him to be spoiled as well!
Logan, his siblings, Me, and Sister Tonnies

Logan and I
Me killing a huge spider before we filled the font

Something I truly learned this week is that miracles really do happen. Chris (Logan's mom) told us Saturday that she got called into work and she asked us if someone in the ward could pick up the kids on Sunday. The ward had already said no because they feel like it is a liability. I told her that and she asked if it would be OK if she had a co-worker go with them too. The co-worker can't drive but then there would be an adult present. We told our ward mission leader and when he brought it up in his meetings, the ward decided that they didn't think it was right for him to be picked up. They said that we needed to set a precedent and that his mom needed to know that she needs to be there every Sunday. Additionally, they wanted her to know how important it is that he receive the Holy Ghost right after being baptized. We had to tell this to Chris and she didn't answer our texts. Anyway, church had just started when I got a call from Chris so I got up and walked out to answer it. Chris and Shyanne immediately had gotten work off as soon as they could and came straight to the church and Logan was confirmed. I think it humbled some of our leadership that just thought that Chris didn't really care when in reality it's just their life circumstances that are making it so she has to work all of the time. It was a definite miracle and it changed my mindset a lot.

Transfer calls came Saturday night. I am going to be going to Jackson, Missouri which is about two hours south of St. Louis I am told. I am going to Cape Zone which everyone calls outer darkness because no one ever wants to be sent there. So that's a joy. I am going to be co-senior companion with Sister Rud. I don't know who she is but I know she has been out longer than me. We are white washing which means they are taking the missionaries that are there and taking them both out and bringing us in. It was an elders area and now it is sisters. I think that this is going to be the hardest move of my mission. My current district has become this family and I have grown so close to our investigators. But, come what may and love it, right? Or...as Elder Buhler always says...come what may and endure it.

What I learned this week:

Miracle do happen
God is very aware of the people He puts into your path
Life is short so love and enjoy every minute of it!

I love you all so much! I hope you have a wonderful week.

Love-Sister Lundskog

Missouri's apocalyptic clouds....we get all the kinds of clouds at once!

No comments:

Post a Comment