Monday, May 12, 2014

Giving the Benefit of the Doubt

Dear Family-

It is kind of weird emailing you the day after talking to you! I don't really have anything to say but it was amazing to get to see you guys! It definitely has made things so much more bearable.

This was a rough week. There really isn't much to say about it except that this is the hardest week that I have had with my companion. She is just exhausting sometimes. I think I have figured out what is the hardest thing about our opposite personalities. I am an extremely independent person and she is an extremely dependent person. So instead of just taking care of me I have been taking care of two people and I think it just got to me this week. It is hard sometimes cause I am doing everything I need to do as well as all of her things. It's not like I am babying her. I definitely push her to do things and to become a better missionary. She just is forgetful and lives in her head and just naturally turns inward instead of outward. She really does care about people and tries really hard so I haven't had a problem with it but sometimes I just can't take it--especially when we have zero in common to hold us together. So, I just had a hard time this week. A lot of it is my weaknesses. I know that I struggle with things as well that are not fair on her. I have really been working on it to try and give her the benefit of the doubt and to just love her and serve her. It has definitely been an eye opener for me to the things that I need to change but I think it also helped me to see the strengths that I have as well. I am trying to not be so hard on myself.

Anyway, our area is doing great. Working hard, loving every minute of it! Even when it is in the 90's and it's starting to get really, really humid...haha. I still wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world.

I love you guys so much! Have fun on your cruise, Mom and Allie! Have fun in Utah, Dad and Justin!

Love you-

Sister Lundskog

Exploring a cave last Pday with my zone leader and some elders in my district and my companion

Elder Buhler & I. He is the missionary that I respect the most on the mish.
He gets home a transfer before me so I hope that we stay friends.

This is Elder Timothy. He is awesome!

Haha...great picture of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment