Monday, April 7, 2014

Thunderstorms, General Conference, and More Patience

Dear Family and Friends-

Hope you all had a good week and enjoyed General Conference. I am so sorry for not being able to answer a lot of people last week. We spent our Monday moving a new family into our ward and it took six hours. We had to go shopping and do our laundry the next day because we didn't have any time to get anything else done. But, it was worth it to help this family out and my district is awesome so we just made the best of it.

This week we had some crazy thunderstorms. I loved it except for the one that woke me up at 2am. It was directly over our heads. There was no time between the lightning and the thunder. It was crazy! It sounded like cannons right outside our window. I wasn't able to sleep. But I loved it.

We had President interviews this week. They were alright. I was one of the last in my district to get interviewed and he was late showing up and kept checking his watch the whole time. He said that I was doing alright and I agreed. I didn't really have anything to say. But, I did make grasshopper pie for my district and it was way good. I have to be honest, I was a little bit proud of myself.

We went tracting this week and met someone who has read the Book of Mormon and has friends who are Mormon so she could be a potential investigator. Cool!

My companion drove me insane this week but I just kept it all in and tried to love her. Our relationship is still great but I think it added to my stress this week. This week was very hard. We only had four lessons and spent a lot of time tracting with no results. But, we kept at it. Hopefully next week is better. We did pick up a new investigator. Joan was able to come to conference for a session and it was awesome! We are very excited to teach her. You can tell that she wants it which is a blessing because all of our investigators right now aren't really moving anywhere because they don't really want it. They don't want it bad enough.

Conference was good. I had a hard time focusing but it was good. I loved Elder Uchtdorfs talk on Sunday and Elder Bednar's talk. They were the ones that stuck out the most to me. We also had trouble with the internet and so we missed Elder Holland's talk and I think one other on Saturday morning which was a bummer because Elder Holland is my favorite.

Anyway, this week was rough but I sure have learned to have patience! I hope all is well. I love you guys!

Sister Lundskog
Sister Tonnies and I in our awesome apartment

My "sister", my "mom" (Sister Fisher), me, and my "daughter" (Sister Tonnies)

No comments:

Post a Comment