Monday, April 21, 2014

Dog Treats, Easter Eggs, and Letting Christ into our Lives

Dear Family-

This week was the best week ever! I hope you all had a good week as well. I give all the credit of this being a good week to Easter.

It is finally feeling like spring here. On Monday, it snowed. Can you believe it? It snowed! The day before, it was 80 degrees. But, it has been in the 70's the past couple of days so it's time to get rid of the tights. Also, everything is starting to turn green again and it makes me a little homesick for Oregon.

This week was crazy busy. We had exchanges this week and I was super, super nervous but it went so well. I was with Sister Woodward, who is my great-grandma, over in their area. It was a cool experience. Sister Woodward is kind of intimidating but I enjoyed my whole time with her and I did not feel judged at all for my ability to teach. I learned a lot from her. Funny story...we visited a less active and he made Sister Woodward and me eat a dog treat. Yes, I ate a dog treat. He said they were organic and really good. He has PTSD so you can't make him mad or stressed and he was very persistent so we ate it. It tasted like a pop tart but I am still pretty sure humans should not be eating them. I also had the opportunity to meet two of their investigators who are getting baptized. They are from Ecuador and they are the funniest things ever. They both suffer from eating disorders and they are scary tiny. But, she shared her experience that she had that day with me. She said she was praying that Heavenly Father would answer her in a way that she would understand. She was on YouTube looking up music and videos about religion and you know how YouTube has those ads that you can skip? Well, she decided to watch this ad and I don't even know what it is but it's a Mormon ad and it was in Spanish. Just for her. She was so happy, it radiated from her. I can't even begin to explain but it was the coolest thing for me to hear her testimony. It helped solidify again my testimony of prayer. Heavenly Father is so aware of us.

We decided to try a different aspect with Damara to help her realize that if she believes everything to be true she must act. We tried family history. We set up an appointment with her and a member at the family history center and Sister Tonnies and Sister Felt had a lesson with her after and she accepted the invitation to be baptized! WHAT! So we will be setting a date with her this week and I am so excited.

On the less spiritual note, I might have allergies. I have been having trouble breathing and in certain situations, my eyes get very itchy and I have a runny nose (especially around cats). I talked to our mission nurse and she is going to prescribe me some allergy medicine so if you see that on my debit card, that is why. But, other than that I have been doing great.

We picked up a new investigator this week. Her name is Elaine and she is a former investigator. She had to cancel her appointment with us but we are meeting with her next week.

Our District Leader had a baptism this week in the Smithden Ridge Ward. We really wanted to get Wanda and Damara there. We did!! Wanda has been having a hard time with this being the only true church. This was one of the most spiritual experiences I have had on my mission. She got there late so she missed the actual baptism but we were able to show her the font and talk about the baptism and she just kept saying "all these people came to support him". She was so touched by the love and support our church has for each other. You don't walk into a church on Sunday with hundreds of people and not get noticed. Everyone is accounted for, everyone is aware of you. That really hit home for her and she is praying to know if this gospel is true. We are meeting with her on Tuesday so I am very excited because I know God will answer her prayer.
Elder Buhler - he is the coolest!

Elder Timothy at the baptism

Right after the baptism on Friday we had the Easter Cantata which was a big production put on by our stake choir. That was so cool! I loved it! Damara stayed and guess who came? Christy. Christy and Shane have picked a wedding date and now we will be able to set a baptismal date with her and help her start getting ready for the new changes she will have in her life and in her family's lives. She also told us that she is going to ask for Sundays off.....Wooohooo! We didn't even talk to her about that but she said she wanted to take this seriously and that she wanted this in her life so she needed to be at church on Sundays.

This was just the most spiritually uplifting week I have had. It was just all the little things that fell so perfectly into place that Heavenly Father was involved in.

What I learned this week:

Miracles happen!
It's all about where your heart is.
Life is good.

The most important thing I learned this week, though, was without Easter, Christmas would only be about a fat guy in a red suit. It is because Christ rose again on the third day that everything in our life has meaning. It is because of Easter that I have the opportunity to be her sharing the gospel. I believe in Christ. He is my big brother and I know that he is with me every day. Not just "Oh ya, he is up in heaven looking down saying I know how you feel". He is literally walking by my side. There is no shadow of a doubt that he is there helping me fight my battles. We do not have to walk this life alone. We are not asked to walk this life alone. Christ gave his life for us so that we will use the atonement. But, that is our choice and our choice only. Are we going to let Christ into our lives or not? I have tried doing it by myself and I can testify that it is not possible. It never will be possible until we let him into our lives.

I love you!

Sister Lundskog

We dyed Easter eggs!

The "J" family


No comments:

Post a Comment