Monday, April 28, 2014

Come What May and Love It

Hey there family-

This was a long but good week. This week we had an activity with the Young Women. We did this with the Young Men a couple of weeks ago. For mutual, we taught the girls how to be missionaries. It was really cool. We asked them how many were planning on serving a mission and it still amazes me every time. Half of the girls raised their hands. They had so many questions about being a missionary! That was really fun.

Oh, guess what? We set a BAPTISMAL DATE with Logan!! We were finally able to see him and have a lesson and set a date with him for May 31st. Hopefully everything works out and we are able to see him get baptized. That will be the last Saturday of the transfer. It was also cool because Chris is changing as well. We visited her at work this week and talked about the Book of Mormon. We told her that if she reads it, even though her life is crazy stressful, it will bless her beyond measure. She more than anyone else needs those blessings. She has been reading it. She is changing and it is one of the greatest things I think you can witness. She is letting Christ in. I am so happy for her. (Sorry she sent you all those pics. She was just going to send you one and I was like...ok...haha).

We picked up two new investigators this week...Gene and Westly. We were going to visit a member who lives in this old folks apartment complex. They were outside and just started talking to us. They were a little creepy and very flirty and they are like 70 and 80 years old. haha But you can tell that they've got that old, rugged biker vibe to them. Anyway miracle of the week..we had an appointment scheduled with them but we had been unable to get another woman to come with us. We have to have three. We decided to go and headed up to meet them and we walk in and Sister G is sitting in their living room! It was an awesome lesson and the next day was Sunday and she brought them both to church. On top of that, Gene's doctor is in our bishopric! BAM! Talk about some miracles! That was the highlight of my week.

This week, Smithden Ridge 1 had a baptism. That is Elder Buhler and Elder Picket's area. They also called two days before and told us that Sister Tonnies and I would be performing a musical number with Elder Timothy and his guitar. It's already on the program. WHAT!?! I have never been so nervous in my life. Elder Timothy came up with this really cool version of Come, Come Ye Saints and we each sang a verse and then we all sang the last verse. I was so nervous but it turned out really good. Sister Tonnies told me not to worry because whenever you sing for a church event, angels sing with you. That was cool because I have always wanted to sing but it's always been hard in our family and extended family. Everyone already know who the good singers are and because I'm not as good, I was never given those opportunities and never tried. Why would I sing when Allie or Bailey or Mom was there. haha Everyone is better than me. But, I loved it. It is good to get shoved out of your comfort zone sometimes. When I was arguing about it, Elder Buhler said, "Sister Lundskog, you have just got to let go of your Give A Dang." I loved that. How often in life do we care too much? Then, we let it debilitate us from trying new things and growing as a person. We don't need to worry about what others think about us. This is easier said than done. But, I'm working on it now.

So, on Sunday Bishop came in during Relief Society and told us we needed to wrap up because a huge storm was coming in and that it was moving really fast. A huge thunderstorm rolled in and it was awesome! Here, when it rains it doesn't rain, it POURS! Last night the tornado sirens went off and that was really cool. Sister Tonnies was freaking out and I had to calm her down. But, I went and stood out on the porch and watched the clouds and the lightning. Sadly, I did not see my tornado. Next time!

Also, you would be proud of me. I killed the biggest spider ever!! This morning we had a giant brown recluse in our apartment and I killed it. haha

What I learned this week:

Obedience brings blessings but exact obedience brings miracles - Elder Buhler
I miss my mom--(not that I don't every week but a lot this week)
I am very bad at communicating how I am feeling
COME WHAT MAY AND LOVE IT.

Love you all so much!

Sister Lundskog
Having lunch with my companion


No comments:

Post a Comment