Monday, January 27, 2014

Transfers, Little Allie, and Paint

Dear Family-

Hey, Family! I miss you guys! This week has been one heck of a week. A lot of downs but a lot of ups coming our way. I guess the most exciting news would be that I am no longer staying in Carondelet. I will be transferred to Highlands, Missouri and I will be follow up training Sister Robertson. I will be in Sister Fisher's zone. Sister Richardson will be staying here and will be getting Sister Hansen who I guess came out with me but I don't remember her because she came from the west campus at the MTC. Elder Banks is going home and the new assistant will be Elder Francis. Elder Wunderli will stay here. So, lots and lots of changes but I am excited for the future. Bitter sweet leaving my first area but I have nothing but an exciting future to look forward to.
Sister Richardson, Me, Elder Wunderli, and Elder Banks

This week we went to have dinner with the Kam family. It was the first time I have been to their house but they have a little girl and she is maybe 1 1/2 years old...maybe two. She looks exactly like Allison did when she was little. I don't even know how to describe it but it was the cutest thing ever and it made me miss my sister a lot! She was the cutest thing with the chubbiest cheeks and eyes just like Allison. She talks and acts just like Allison did. It was the weirdest thing. I found her twin!

Then this week, we and the Elders went over to "H's" to help paint her apartment. We didn't realize how long it takes to paint so we only got one room done...haha. We had a blast. It was so much fun to just paint her apartment and hang out with the Elders since Elder Banks is leaving. He made fun of me the whole time but it's ok.
Painting "H's" apartment with the Elders


This week in regards to missionary work was very rough. Although our numbers were practically all zeros, we stuck by every goal we had every day and we worked hard so I can at least know that even though it felt like nothing happened, it wasn't because we didn't try. It is just the timing of the Lord. "S" hasn't talked to us in a week and we are going to try and stop by her house this week or give her a call and just see how she is now and if she is still mad at whatever it is she is mad at. We were finally able to contact "R" again which makes me so happy because I will miss her the most out of our investigators I think just because she has so, so much potential. We were able to see her and have an appointment with her tomorrow. "J" told us to come back in three weeks a few weeks ago so we will be seeing her next week. We were finally able to see "L" again so we have an appointment with her as well tomorrow. I am excited and hope that she will start progressing more and more and will gain a deeper testimony of what we are teaching her. We called "A" the other day to see when we could come visit her and she told us her husband no longer wants us to come over. That was really hard because she is halfway through the Book of Mormon. She said she was going to pray to know if it was true. She could be so blessed by this gospel but because her husband said no we can no longer see her. That broke my heart. It made this week really hard. But, I know it will all work out. We did what we could and someday she will have the chance to receive this gospel. It's just not the right time.

Well, that was pretty much my week. Long week with really not many exciting things to talk about. We said goodbye to Elder Banks yesterday. He was one of the best missionaries I know and I was so lucky to learn from him. Hopefully I can remember everything I have learned and take it with me as I leave Carondelet. It has been the biggest blessing serving here. These people have taught me what it means to be a missionary more than anything the MTC taught me. This will always be my home. I love the people here. I have been so extremely blessed to meet the people I have met who have changed my life. I am so excited for the next chapter. I am excited to see who I get to meet and who I get to learn from. I am ready for more laughter and more excitement. Thank you to all those who helped get me here. You are much appreciated.

I love you. Hope this week is a good one. Send me pictures and keep being missionaries!

Love-

Sister Lundskog
Sister Richardson and I in our matching mission aprons

Saying goodbye to Sister Miller's daughter at church

Sadness as I finally take down our little Christmas tree

No comments:

Post a Comment