Monday, December 30, 2013

"I Am So Blessed!"

Dear Family-

Hey! So the college library we usually go to is closed today so we only have an hour to email. Next week I will tell you more about this week but I just wanted to thank you for the presents! I loved them. The Duck Dynasty shirt is awesome and the boots are cute. I've already worn all my shirts! :) Thanks for being the best and thank you for "H". I got her package for her too and she loved the rose. She was just so touched and just awestruck we even could give that to her. So, thank you for being a little miracle to someone else on Christmas that you have never met. Um, I don't really know what to say about this week except that it was the greatest gift in the world to be able to talk to you guys. Man, I promised myself I wouldn't cry but I could not hold it together. I am even getting teary eyed right now! But, I just want to thank you for being the best family ever. Don't know how I would ever get by out here without the support that you give me. Anytime things get hard I just remember who I've got on the sidelines so to speak and I just keep on keeping on :) Right, Mom? I love you guys so much and I just need you all to know that.

We had to teach gospel principles this week. Man, I feel like I am not a very good teacher. I don't know....it was just weird especially since Sister Richardson and I don't really know how to work together yet and if the Elders hadn't been there I don't think I would have been nervous at all. But, I look up to Elder Banks and Elder Wonderli so much. They are amazing missionaries. But ya it went well, I think, but I almost had an anxiety attack right before but "H" helped get everyone participating.

I have been having a hard time a little bit. The work has been slow and...uhhh...it just has been really hard putting in a lot of work that doesn't ever show. We had a correlation meeting this Sunday with the assistant ward mission leader and after we reported on our week he was like "How can we help you do better because you used to have a lot of investigators and essentially you now have hardly any." I just laughed and said I was sorry but many of our investigators got baptized or moved into the other ward because of the boundary change. I feel like Sister Fisher left and then it just looks like I lost complete control of the area and I don't really know what to do, I guess. Like, I can keep being obedient and we can knock on all the doors and visit all the people we want and do all we can but...I don't know. It's been a struggle. But, I'm happy and that's the thing. Deep down I know I am happy and I didn't think I could ever love people so much. That love for people has really spread to just realizing how much I love you all at home as well. Even though I wasn't with my family on Christmas and I didn't get to open presents on Christmas and watch "It's a Wonderful Life" for the 100th time, (haha) it was the best Christmas I have ever had because I know what really matters now. Like, I got it. I've figured it out and I'm still working on getting the whole meaning of Christmas but man, it's been such an amazing year. Look how far I've come! I'm realizing my love for my Savior more and more each day. I AM SO BLESSED!

I love you all so much and I can't wait for this new year and all the fun that is to come!

Love your daughter and missionary-

Sister Lundskog

No comments:

Post a Comment